Boats can only fish 2 of 3 days, Captain’s choice.
Only one day needs to be fished for the tournament to be official.
Rod and reel only. Trolling, Jigging, Chunking are allowed. NO GREENSTICKING
Species is tuna and dolphin only and any legal tuna or dolphin is eligible according to HMS regulations.
If there are no tuna or dolphin weighed, names will be drawn for each prize.
Only 1 prize per Captain in drawing
6:00pm at Curtis Merritt Harbor
Group weigh-in: Only 1 fish per species per day can be weighed in. No culling on the official scale.
- Captain or representative must be present with fish by 6:00pm – No late arrivals
- Entry Fee: $200 /Boat. 2 winners 65/35 Split for the 2 single heaviest tuna
- Dolphin Calcutta: $100/Boat. 2 winners 65/35 split for the 2 single heaviest dolphin
- “AA” Calcutta: $30/Boat. Tuna with the weight closest to the average of all tuna weighed.
- Non-Member Fee: $100
- Deposit: $50 (Refundable due to official tournament cancellation only)
- Deposit due by Wednesday, June 12th at the monthly FSA meeting. Can also be dropped off to Matt at Seahawk SportsCenter in Pokomoke, MD or Brian at WetchCo Signs in Frederick, MD
- Entry form MUST accompany deposits
- Thursday, June 13th, 6:00pm at Captain Steve’s, 6527 Maddox Blvd., Chincoteague, VA.
- Meeting will be held on the East side of the building. Entries will be accepted at Captain’s meeting.
- All balances MUST be paid in full and entry forms fill out and signed – CASH ONLY
- Lay day declaration must be sent via voice mail to 202-438-4722 By 6:00am the day you wish to lay.
- If no voice mail is received, or received AFTER 6:00am, that day is considered a fishing day.
- If no lay day is declared Friday or Saturday, then Sunday will be your lay day.
- Main Entry – 65% to the heaviest Tuna weighed; 35% to the 2nd heaviest Tuna weighed
- Dolphin Calcutta – 65% to the heaviest Dolphin weighed; 35% to the 2nd heaviest Dolphin weighed
- “Average Ahi” – Prize pack featuring a Seigler reel and Connley rod combo!!
- Sea Shell Motel 757-336-6589 – Offering 10% room discount with mention of this tournament.
- Curtis Merritt Harbor 757-336-6519 – Boat slips available. Contact Harbor Master
- Chris Conway 301-704-4196
- Rob Pellicot 301-606-0392
- Brian Wetcher 301-514-9939